Every time a new social media marketing method comes out, they tell us we MUST be a part of it, because “It’s going to be the next big thing!”
Sometimes it is. Other times, not so much.
The newest big thing your business needs to be a part of is Pinterest. Why?
- Pinterest is addictive. And addictive social media sites (think Facebook games, apps and all that fun stuff) live, grow and become giants. Women between the ages of 18-65 already are in love with Pinterest and are already addicted to it. It’s like a cross between an addictive Facebook game and a high end shopping catalog, which means women will not stop using it anytime soon.
- Pinterest is a traffic monster. Although it has only been around for about 2 years, it is already in the top 100 most visited sites in the world. That represents millions of potential customers for your business, your site and your bottom line.
- Pinning is simple and can be integrated into your website easily. Just like you can place a “Follow Us on Twitter” button, the “Find Me on Facebook” button and other easy to use social interaction buttons, you can place a “Pin It!” button on your site making it easy for pinners (Pinterest users) to pin your site and spread your brand for you.
- Pinterest is a wonderful platform for perfect product placement. Say that three times fast! Seriously, the place where you want your product is right in front of your consumers. With Pinterest, your consumers see your products as they spread across other pinners pinboards and in front of the eyes of new people who may have never before heard of your brand or product.
- If that’s not enough reason to get your business onto Pinterest, then the simplicity of it should be. It’s not a social media marketing method that you have to pour endless hours into. (Of course, you will. But that is another problem for another article.) Simply placing the button on your site can gain you exposure, as will having our own Pinterest account that posts pictures of your products and other items related to your business.