Check out these astounding statistics that suggest that social media might be the biggest shift in the way we live our lives since the industrial revolution.
- 1 in 5 divorces is blamed on Facebook.
- 50% of the world’s population is under 30. 96% of Millennials have joined a social network.
- More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook.
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment, 95% use LinkedIn
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 online activity.
- Generation Y and Z consider email passe.
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here.
- Facebook is now the 3rd largest country in the world, and more than twice as large as the population of the United States.
- Google+ was the fastest social network to reach 10 million users at 16 days (Twitter took 780 days and Facebook 852 days).
This is an update of the 2009 social media video by Eric Qualman, author of Socialnomics.
Sources: http://www.socialnomics.net/2011/07/05/social-media-videos-2011/, http://www.jeffbullas.com/2011/09/02/20-stunning-social-media-statistics/, http://www.socialnomics.net/2011/06/07/10-wow-social-media-statistics/